Recent comments on posts in the blog:

Hi, if you don't know about .zed files, you can forget about it and return to your happy life! :)
I'm not going to advertise those products.

Comment by beuc Wed Sep 20 19:24:04 2017

What product(s) use .zed?

I've never heard of it, so a long blog post without context is meaningless to me. Please provide some context as to why people care about your work.

Comment by Anonymous Wed Sep 20 02:43:57 2017

Got it, both libstdc++.a were containing the same .o objects, just ordered differently.
(Even though the order was consistent when rebuilding! possibly due to Docker using a different filesystem.)
The ordering within one .a file is impacting the final executable.

A mere ar x && ar r *.o made the build deterministic.

Comment by beuc Tue Apr 18 23:49:42 2017

Thanks!
Stephen Kitt also pointed that Debian Stretch's MinGW has improved reproducibility provided you trigger it with SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH.
'-Wl,--no-insert-timestamp' helps too. I'm currently running additional tests, I'll probably post a follow-up :)

Comment by beuc Sat Mar 25 20:37:27 2017

Windows executables include a "link time" field which you need to fix. If you build a PDB they will also contain the absolute path to that by default.

(There are probably some other issues; I haven't worked on Windows for a long time.)

Comment by Anonymous Sat Mar 25 04:26:34 2017

Following the discussions, Replicant is currently thinking about earlier, SDK-focused ports, and F-Droid expressed interest in freeing the SDK&NDK they use (although the diversity of the packages means all SDK platform versions need to be available).

I think it's important to keep rebuilding and testing the dev tools, to assess feasibility and raise confidence.

Comment by beuc Wed Oct 7 14:07:21 2015
Comment by beuc Sun Oct 4 13:13:32 2015

Interesting projects.

• bbqlinux: we could approach Arch, which provides a binary package/wrapper for the SDK, so they package an independent rebuilt instead
  • linuxonandroid: running Debian inside Android, not really relevent here I think
  • androidx86: running Android on PC - I believe this is now officially supported by Android?
Comment by beuc Sun Oct 4 13:13:00 2015

Interesting that Google cloned Java and is now throwing roadblocks.

I wonder if running this as a VM client inside Debian helps: http://bbqlinux.org/ http://linuxonandroid.org/ http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=androidx86

And linux tools in Andorid are GPL

Comment by Anonymous Fri Oct 2 01:36:04 2015
Quite interested and with lots of powerful resources ;) let's talk about I can also support for Debian package too nigifabio (at) gmail.com
Comment by Anonymous Fri Oct 2 00:47:58 2015